Allergy Orchard Turns One!
What is it about birthday’s that makes us turn introspective? Allergy Orchard celebrated our first year in business on November 1. As Allergy Orchard turns one, we realize that there were some things we want to do in year two. Therefore, we have decided that we should start our Blog. Don’t worry, we do not plan to talk about ourselves all the time, but we did want to share some thoughts about our business and where we are after one year.
The good news from the year is that we made it! The Small Business Administration (https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/Business-Survival.pdf) states that 20% of small businesses fail in their first year. We are happy to not be in that 20%. However, we want to be one of the only 50% that make it 5 years. In order for that to happen, we need to do some growing. We are pleased that we grew during our first year, but we have to admit, it was not as much as we hoped it would be. Therefore, we need some help in year two.
Will you help us grow in year two?
Being part of our community is important to us. We really believe that we are here to help others, but if we do not have enough business, we will not be around in the years to come. Ultimately, we are hoping that you want us around in the future and would be willing to help us so we can continue to help you. If all of our loyal customers and supporters could get us 3 new regular customers, we would be able to grow a lot. Would you be willing to help? Want to know what you can do?
What you can do.
- Tell people about us. Would you take a few brochures and share them with people you know who have food allergies, or are vegan, or looking for something a little different? So far, word of mouth has been the best way to spread the word.
- Bring a friend shopping with you. If you know someone with food allergies, please invite them to come in with you. Maybe they are content with how they shop now, but we believe that our large selection of products will bring them back.
- Interact with us on Facebook. Please follow us on Facebook. If you comment on posts and share them, it helps us reach more people. Ultimately, the more people who respond to a post; the more Facebook shares it.
- Share us with other businesses. Do you know another business that should know about us? Doctors, nutritionists, schools, chiropractors. Would you tell them about us? Maybe ask if they would like some brochures? Let us know if you have an idea on who we should reach out to.
- Put a yard sign in your yard. We have some yard signs in the store and if you put one in your yard for a few weeks, we will give you a $5 AO gift card when you return it.
- Above all, keep shopping here! What can we do to get you to purchase more of your allergy-safe foods here? We really want to know if there is something we can do to entice you to purchase more of your foods here. Please tell us. Feel free to use our contact page to let us know your thoughts.
So as Allergy Orchard turns one, we already have some wonderful customers and supporters, but we still have work to do. Thank you for being one of our supporters. We look forward to seeing you in year two!